Apologies conversation in Chinese 1
A:请进,麦克。见到你很高兴。
Come in, Mike. Nice to meet you.
B:晚上好。很抱歉我来晚了。
Good evening, i’m very sorry to be late.
A:没关系。你能来,我很高兴。
It’s OK. I’m very glad you could come.
B:你知道,我差点找不到你的房子。我没有记清楚你房间的号码。
You know, i couldn’t find your house. I mean, i didn’t quite remember the number of the house.
A:也许是因为我自己没有说清楚。
Maybe i didn’t make myself clear.
B:不,是我的错误,我记忆力很差。
No, it was my fault. I’ve got a bad memory.
A:好了,没事了。请脱下你的外套放松放松。
Well, it’s perfectly all right. Take off you coat and make youself comfortable.
B:谢谢。
Thanks.
Compliments conversation 2
A:你在干什么,麦克?
What are you doing, Mike?
B:我正在做作业。
I’m doing my homework.
A:你能帮个忙吗?
Can you help me?
B:当然可以。
Of course.
A:麦克,你在我们班里汉语学得最好。
You know, Mike, your Chinese is the best of our class.
B:谢谢夸奖。但事实上,我认为我不太擅长汉语,我也经常犯错。
Thank you for your compliment. But actually, i don’t think i am so good at Chinese. I often make a lot of mistakes.
A:我说的是实话。你的语法学得最好。每当有同学来找你,问你问题时,你总是非常乐意的为他们解答。你能看一看我的作文,给我指出其中的错误吗?我会感激不尽的。
I just tell you the truth. You really understand the rules fo grammar better than other students. When they visit you and ask some questions, you are always ready to answer and explain to them. Could you take a look at my composition and let me know if i made any mistakes? I’d really appreciated it.
B:没有问题的。
No problem.
A:太好了!多谢,麦克。
Great. Thank you very much, Mike.
Compliments conversation 1
A:张先生,你的英语讲得很好。
Mr.Zhang, you speak excellent English.
B:谢谢。
Thank you.
A:你在哪学的?
Then where did you learn it?
B:就在中国。
Just in China.
A:你到过英语国家吗?
Have you ever been to any English-speaking country?
B:还没有。可我们有很多很好的老师,而且我们也从英国聘请了一些老师和教学专家。
No, not yet. But we have a lot of good teachers and we also invite teachers and teaching experts from English-speaking country.
A:真了不起。你的英语讲得真棒。
It’s indeed amaing. Your English is certainly superb.
B:谢谢。
Thanks。
Expressing gratitude conversation 2
A:我明天就要走了。在我走之前,我想对你为我做的一切表示感谢。你的帮助真的使我在中国的逗留很成功。
I’ll be leaving tomorrom. But before i leave, i want to thank you for all that you have done for me. You’ ve really helped to make my stay here successful.
B:您真是太客气了。对改进我的工作您有什么建议吗?您提出来我一定非常感谢。
It’s very kind of you to say that. Now could you offer any suggestions to improve my work? I’d be very grateful.
A:建议?我想不出来有什么。啊,等一下,有一条。
Suggestions? There is none that i can think of. Oh, wait a minute. There is one.
B:太好了,什么建议?
Good. What is it?
A:你要有机会访问我们国家的话,一定要到我家住几天,我把地址给你。
If you ever visit my country, be sure to come and stay with us a few days. Here i will give you my address.
B:好的,谢谢你,格林先生。
Well, thank you. Mr.Green.
Expressing gratitude conversation 1
A:对不起,先生,你能告诉我,下一趟车什么时候驶往上海?
Excume me, Sir. Could you tell me when the next train leaves for Shanghai?
B:可以,在九点半。
Yes, it leaves at 9:30.
A:非常感谢你。
Thank you very much.
B:没关系。
Don’t mention it.
A:再打扰一下,你有零钱兑换美元吗?我想打个电话。
One more thing, do you have changes for a dollor? I want to make a phone call.
B:让我看一下,给你。
Let me see. Here you are.
A:十分感谢你。
Thanks a lot.
B:没关系,你知道最近的电话在哪吗?
Not at all. Do you know where the nearest phone is?
A:不知道。
No.
B:我指给你看。
I’ll show where.
A:噢,非常感谢你给了我这么多帮助。
Oh, thanks very much for all your help.
B:不用客气。
You are welcome.
Congratulation conversation 2
(张同学刚得到硕士学位,他的同班同学麦克对他表示祝贺。)
(Zhang has been given M.A. degree. His classmate Mike gives him congratulations.)
A:喂,张,祝贺你!
Hello,Zhang. My congratulations!
B:太奇怪了,麦克。我不知道你说的是什么事。
That’s a surprise, Mike. I’m not sure what you are talking about.
A:我真的希望能给你一个惊喜。你今天去系办公室了没有?
I hope i did give you a surprise. Have you been to the department office today?
B:没有,请问是什么好消息?
No, I haven’t. What’s the good news, please?
A:我看见了取得硕士学位的研究生名单,你的大名在其中。
I saw a list of graduates who have been granted M.A. degree. Your name is on the list.
B:哦,真是太好了!
Oh, that’ great!
A:你真走运!恭喜你!
Good luckto you. And congratulations!
B:谢谢,麦克。和我出去喝一杯怎么样?
Thank you,Mike. How about going out for a drink with me?
A:当然愿意。我们走吧。
Sure. Let’s go.
Congratulation conversation 1
A:早上好!请问您是哪位?
Good morning. May i ask who’ s calling?
B:小陈,我是小胖啊。
Xiaochen, this is Xiaopang.
A:小胖,我正想给你打电话那。我想告诉你一条消息,我已经……
Xiaopang, i was just about to phone you. I’ve …
B:你已经被南京大学外语系录取。
You’ve been accepted by the English Department of Nanjing University.
A:你怎么知道的?
How did you know that?
B:是你哥哥告诉我的,我打电话就是要向你表示衷心的祝贺。
Your brother told me. And now i’m calling to offer you my heartiest congratulations.
A:谢谢你,我想你不久也会受到录取通知书的。
Thank you. I think it won’t be long before you receive a letter of acceptance.
B:谁知道那?我要能被北京大学录取就好了,但北京大学对我来说竞争力太大了。
Who knows? If any i can be admintted to the Beijing University, but it is too competitive for me.
A:自信些,我相信你能的。
Be confident. I believe you will make it
Introduction conversation 2
A:早上好,张先生。
Good morning. Mr.Zhang.
B:早上好,王先生。
Good morning. Mr.Wang.
A:你好吗?
How are you?
B:很好,谢谢。你那?
I’ m very well, thank you. How are you?
A:很好,谢谢。你要去哪里?
I’m fine, thanks. Where are you going?
B:我去商店买点东西。你那?
I’m going shopping. And you?
A:我回家。哦,你一定要抽空来我们这儿做做,我想让你认识一下我的父母。
I’m going home. Oh, you must come over and see su sometime. I’d like you to meet my parents.
B:你真是太好了,我很高兴去你家。
That’s very nice of you. I’d be delighted to come.
A:好的。见到你真高兴,张先生,再见。
Good. Nice to have met you. Mr.Zhang. Good-bye.
B:再见。
Good-bye.
Introduction conversation 1
A:史密斯先生,晚上好!
Good evening. Mr.Smith.
B:王先生,晚上好!
Good evening, Mr. Wang.
A:您见过我的太太小红吗?
Have you met my wife, Xiaohong?
B:没有,我还没有这个荣幸。
No, I haven’t had the pleasure.
A:小红,这是我的一位新朋友,史密斯先生。
Xiaohong, this is my new friend Mr. Smith.
C:史密斯先生,您好!欢迎您。
How do you do, Mr.Smith? Welcome.
B:您好!
How do you do?
A:史密斯先生,喝杯酒吧。现在让我向您介绍我的一些客人。
Have a glass of wine, Mr.Smith. And let me introduce you to some of my guests.
B:谢谢。
Thank you.
Greeting conversation 3
A:嗨,麦克。
Hello, Mike.
B:嗨,小明,很久没见到你了,你好吗?
Hello, Xiao Ming. I haven’t seen you for a long time. How’s everything going?
A:很好,谢谢。你怎么样?
Just fine, thanks. How about you?
B:我也很好,谢谢。
Also fine, thanks.
A:你的脸色不太好。
You don’t look well.
B:我觉得不太舒服,我感冒了。
I’m not feeling too well. I’ve caught a cold.
A:好好休息一下,希望你早点好起来。
Have a good rest, hope you get better soon.
B:我明白了,谢谢你。
I see, thank you very much.